- Always stay alert and be aware of your surroundings.
- Get to know the neighbourhoods and neighbours where you live and work.
- Authenticate persons before renting them room or house.
- When sitting in your shops or offices, keep a vigilant eye around and ensure proper security arrangements.
- If you see something unusual in your surroundings, evaluate it. After evaluation, if you still cannot determine if a threat exists or not, notify to the area Police station.
- Police should also be informed of any strangers who may have come to stay in your neighborhood and whose activities appear suspicious.
- Try to avoid visiting crowded places, markets, hotels, offices, video shops without necessity.
- Do not touch any unidentified object. Explosive could be concealed in a number of objects including toys, transistors, lunch boxes, bottles, bags etc.
- Do not accept any parcels from strangers.
- Make eye contact with people around you.
- While traveling, always check under your seats for any suspicious objects.
- Keep your mobile phone charged and make sure that all emergency numbers are feeded in your mobile.
- Citizens should inform the police regarding any suspicious activities, abandoned vehicles, articles, and other objects by visiting the nearest police station or by calling 15.
- Lock doors while driving.
- Ensure that you close all windows and quarter glasses of your vehicle and lock up the vehicle every time you park it, even if you’ll be gone only for a short while. The bonnet and boot should also be properly secured.
- Look around for people before leaving your car.
- Before opening a car door, drivers should make sure that its boot, bonnet and doors have not been tempered with. If there is any sign of suspicion, the local police should be approached for help, immediately.
- People have to be aware of all the signs of suspected suicide bombers, for example, putting on abnormally extra clothing, walking heavy-footed, excessive perspiration, something protruding from the body while walking, looking nervous, displaying suspicious behavior etc.